Thursday, February 21, 2008

Closer and Closer

Each day, D gets more and more confident in his walking ability. We have recently starting doing what I like to call "big boy walking." This is where I only hold one of his hands and we walk, wherever he wants to go. And, I have even begun to try and just lightly hold the one hand to give him even more practice balancing on his own. He is doing really well, though I have no idea how this translates to walking completely on his own. He has also developed what I like to call the run-crawl. This? This is what he does when he REALLY wants something and just can't get to it fast enough. Like the cats. The cat boxes. The cat food and water. The plant. And anything else he knows has been deemed a "no no." Lets just say Mom is getting her daily exercise running around the house chasing her little crawling machine. A cute development in the past few days is something that reminds me of myself when I was a little girl. For those who don't know, I sucked my thumb and twirled my hair (among other bad habits) ALL.THE.TIME. D has taken up similar habits, though the thumb sucking has always been present, just usually only when he is tired. I sure hope this is not a sign of impending sickness...we both have FINALLY gotten over all our recent crud and are enjoying society again!!!

No comments: