Sunday, November 23, 2008

D at 20 Months

Today D is 20 months old! It is difficult to believe that in 4 short months, I will have to start referring to his age in years rather than in months!! Also difficult to believe is that in less than three months, he will hopefully be a big brother. Last night we decorated most of the house for Christmas. Wait, yes, I know it is early...I usually consider it a sin to decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving has passed by. However, we are going to be gone next weekend (when we would normally decorate), so we figured we should get some of it done now so we aren't scrambling to put it all up with just a few weeks left until Christmas. D was in awe when we came downstairs this morning; he loved the lights, the snowmen, the snow-globe and Santa Claus. We spent almost the entire morning walking from room to room investigating the different decorations...it was so fun to watch him!!! Christmas hasn't exactly been my favorite holiday for a while, and it is so neat to feel some excitement for the season returning to my blood. I am already plotting the decoration fest we will have when the kids are old enough to understand and help out. Here are a few pictures of D's discoveries this AM:














1 comment:

Brigid said...

Oh my T is so jealous! Every day she asks if Christmas can go up yet. :) Happy Thanksgiving!!!