Monday, October 3, 2011

The MAT and More

What a busy and wonderful weekend we had! Friday night, I enjoyed Ladies Night Out at a cool place called Artful Adventures where I attempted to paint a piggy bank :). I figured both kids had one, so why shouldn't I :)?! I'll post a pic of that artwork attempt one received; it is busy being cooked ;) at the moment. We also ate the most yummy dinner at Lanna Thai afterwards. Then Soccer Saturday was upon us, and later that day, D and P got to go play at their friend's house while G and I enjoyed date night! Sunday brought the first performance of the Millibo Art Theater (formerly the Manitou Art Theater) Kid's First series...

...where both kids enjoyed their bags of popcorn :).

































And milk and cookies, and a craft after the performance :).














P decided her craft looked best in her hair!



















That evening, I spent an amazing 3 hours learning about Kimmy's House and all the incredible things it is responsible for accomplishing. A truly inspiring event and one I was blessed to attend!!! It was held in the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space facility, so I was also lucky enough to have a quick seat in the cockpit of an A-70. I say quick because I was nearly dizzy from all the controls etc.. And I thought driving a car was complicated!




























Now we are back in the swing of the week and enjoying the last few days/weeks (who really knows, right?!) of summer-like weather here in CO :).

No comments: