Please join us as we continue to marvel in the adventures of parenthood and enjoy life with two beautiful kiddos!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Molar Man
So, at long last, D's first molar finally broke through the surface. I actually think it probably happened a dew fays ago, but I really noticed it today. And, he has been correspondingly grumpy the past few days, but hey, who can blame the poor little guy. I would probably grump around too if I had something that size breaking through my gums!! All in all though, the grumping has been pretty minor, and I have only administered medicine a few times to try and ensure good sleeping as I figure that is a pretty important factor in the grand scheme of things. I am beginning to think D has a pretty high tolerance for pain, which I believe is both a blessing and a curse. Will he be the child who doesn't know until it is either painfully obvious or just downright painful that he broke a limb or has a cavity?? While I love the fact that he bounces back pretty quickly from most injuries, I worry that we will end up dealing with injuries when they are at a more serious stage simply because he didn't think to let us know until he just couldn't stand it any longer. We'll see! But, for now, here's to a whole new realm of food offerings for D in the very near future!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment